15 months, 1652 hours
IT Programming is a series of methods of collecting, compiling, and analyzing large quantities of data to satisfy our society’s ever-increasing need for information. With increasing frequency it is apparent that an understanding of IT is a necessary part of general education for students who live and work in our technological society.
Graduates of this program are well prepared for entry level employment in support of an IT department and/or IT clients. Job title certificates can be earned for computer programmer, computer user support specialist, and web developer. Additional education can lead to more advanced opportunities in programming and systems analysis.
*The cost of certification testing is not included in the tuition.
- Internet and Computing Core Certification (IC3)
- OSHA/CareerSafe 10-Hour Certification
Required Safety Gear
One Shirt (ANY STYLE listed)• Royal Blue Short Sleeve Polo Shirt with BCTC Logo• Royal Blue Long Sleeve Polo Shirt with BCTC Logo
|• Skirts, dress shorts – cargo/denim/golf style appropriate length – to the knee and proper fitting and no holes
• Cotton blue jeans, khakis/cargo pants, dress pants – proper fitting and no holes
|Casual shoes, sneakers, dress shoes, or work boots||N/A|
Microsoft Visual Basic 2015 for Windows, Web, Windows Store and Database Applications: Comprehensive (1st Edition)– by Corinne Hoisington
ISBN #: 978-1-28585-689-6
Approximate Cost – New: $158.00 to Gently Used: $99.00
Tool / Supply / Protective Equipment
|Quantity Needed||Level 1, 2, or 3||Approximate Cost||Suggested Vendor|
|Footwear Requirement: Casual shoes, sneakers, dress shoes, or work boots||1 pair||Levels 1, 2, & 3||TBD||Any store|
|3″, 3-Ring Binder||1||Level 1||$10.00||Any office supply store|
|16 GB Flash Drive/USB||1||Level 1||TBD||Any office supply store|
* BCTC will pay for one pair of safety glasses (if required) and may assist with payment for the testing fees or core certification tests (first time only). Additional safety glasses and testing fees must be paid by the student.
Program Entrance Recommendations:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Algebra I or Geometry
- Problem-solving / troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Hand-eye coordination
- Computer User
- Support Specialist