For each BCTC student a Parent/Guardian account in Schoology can be created for the purpose of monitoring their child’s course information. The account is automatically created for any authorized Parent/Guardian account which has a provided email address on file (the email provided during the application process). If an account was created automatically an email with the login and password information is emailed to the email address supplied on file.
If you do not receive an email with your child’s account information one of the following may be the reason:
- Check your email setting and spam folder to ensure your account email invite is not placed in the junk mailbox in your email client.
- If you already have a Schoology account with a different District/Institution than BCTC using the email account you supplied during the application/registration process, we are unable to auto create your account. You will need to use a different email address to create the account because Schoology doesn’t support multiple accounts using the same email address. To create an account please follow the “Sign-Up’ instructions.
- You already have a BCTC Schoology account from a past or current student, please simply login with the past credentials.
Sign Up for a Parent Account in Schoology
- Go to app.schoology.com/register.
- Click Sign Up at the top of the page and choose Parent.
- Enter your Parent Access Code. This is a 12-digit code in xxxx-xxxx-xxxx format that you receive from one of your child’s instructors.
- Fill out the form with your information.
- Click Register to complete.
When you use a Parent Access Code to create an account, you are automatically associated with your child.
- Parent Access Codes are unique to each student but can be used to make multiple parent accounts.
- If your Parent Access Code does not allow you to register or, if the code does not have 12 digits, please contact your child’s instructor or school for more information.
Multiple Children at Different Districts
If your children attend different schools that are not in the same district (or are not part of the same Schoology Enterprise account), you will see the following error message when you attempt to use the Add Child option to associate your parent account with their student account:
Parents must have an account at each of their children’s schools. For example, if you have one child at a high school in one district, and another child at a middle school in a different district, you must have accounts at both districts and link your accounts together. Linking accounts enables you to toggle between two or more accounts without having to log out and back in. Each district separately manages your parent accounts and can then communicate with you as necessary.