Video & Media Content Production
Location: West Campus Instructor: James Del Conte | Lauren Little CIP Code: 50.0602
(Formally Communication Media Technology & Photo Imaging Technology)
This combined program will introduce students to the art and science of digital media technology. Through two tracks of study, Video and Photography, students will develop an understanding of the various technology and techniques used in today’s communication, media, film and streaming industries. Students will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experiences and develop technical understanding by producing digital media and content for various platforms using industry standard software, hardware and camera equipment in both studio and field environments.
The core curriculum, in which all students will participate, includes training in creative development, the production cycle, TV/video/film production, photography, lighting, project management, budgeting, audio production, photo and video editing, 360-degree/VR and drone technology, distribution and streaming media. In addition, students will be educated in graphic and visual design through clustered learning experiences.
After completing the core curriculum, students will have the opportunity to specialize in either photography or video/TV, for further and more intense study in the selected discipline.
The Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects, and Audition, will be taught throughout the program.
This program will enhance students’ writing and communication, creative abilities, problem solving, and technical/computer skills in preparation for college and employment.
Adobe Certified Associate – Visual Communication
Adobe Certified Associate – Video Communication
OSHA/CareerSafe 10-Hour Certification
Required Safety Gear
One Shirt (ANY STYLE listed)· Black Short Sleeve Polo Shirt with BCTC Logo· Black Long Sleeve Polo Shirt with BCTC Logo
• Cotton blue jeans, khakis/cargo pants, dress pants – proper fitting and no holes
• Skirts – appropriate length – to the knee
|Closed toe shoes or athletic shoes/ sneakers||Safety glasses, as needed, provided by BCTC|
Video Basics, 8th edition – by Herbert Zettl
Tool / Supply / Protective Equipment
|Quantity Needed||Level 1, 2, or 3||Approximate Cost||Suggested Vendor|
|Footwear Requirement: Closed toed, shoes or athletic shoes/sneakers||1 pair||Levels 1, 2, & 3||TBD||Any store|
|Minimum 8 GB USB Removable Jump Drive||1||Levels 1, 2, & 3||$20.00||Any business supply store or Amazon|
|Headphones with a 1/4″ Adapter & a 1/8″ Adapter||1||Levels 1, 2, & 3||$20.00 – $50.00||Sony, Panasonic|
|32 GB Class 10 SDHC Card||1||Level 1||$30.00||Any store|
* BCTC will pay for one pair of safety glasses (if required) and may assist with payment for the testing fees or core certification tests (first time only). Additional safety glasses and testing fees must be paid by the student.
Program Entrance Recommendations:
- Read and interpret technical material at grade level
- Completion of Algebra 1
- Intermediate computer skills
- Creative/artistic ability
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Effective communication skills
- Strong depth and color perception
- Physical stamina
- Manual dexterity
- Audio/Video Equipment Technician
- Commercial / Industrial Photographer
- Photographic Process Worker
- Portrait / Wedding Photographer
- Production Assistant
- Video Camera Operator
- Video Editor
- Video Producer / Director